What is Fibroid?
Fibroid just like cancer is an abnormal growth that develop in the uterus of a woman. Such growth leads to large tumors called fibroid tumors. However, this is a non-cancerous form of growth.
Names given to fibroid are; leiomyomas, fibromas, uterine myomas and myomas.
Generally, fibroid is known to be one of the infections among women, and is even becoming more common lately. Also, most victims of fibroids are both psychologically and physically depressed even health wise on how to do away with this dangerous infection.
This mostly occur in the body of women getting to an old age between the age of 40-50. It may come with some abdominal pain. Research shows that there is no specific cause of fibroid, but this should bring to your knowledge on how to improve on your hygiene and proper self care especially during adolescence.
Types of Fibroids
Fibroids emanate in various forms as human body differs from one person to another;
The common types of fibroids are;
- Intramural Fibroid: This type of fibroid do appear within the muscular wall of the uterus and can grow as large as stretching the womb.
- Pedunculated Fibroid: Pedunculated fibroid begins with a subserosal tumor which can later develop into a stem and a slender base to support the tumor.
- Subserosal Fibroid: Here, the serosa (outer part of the uterus) is loaded with the infection. They may grow as large as it can on one side of the womb and makes it look bigger as if one is pregnant.
- Submucosal Fibroid: This is another terrified type of fibroid, they protrude the endometrial cavity and remain below the mucosal surface.
- Intracavity Fibroid: This type of fibroid remains in the internal cavity of the uterus causing bleeding and severe cramping.
Early Signs and Symptoms of Fibroid
- Heavy menstrual flow
- Long lasting periods than the usual time it should
- Pelvic pain.
- Reproductive dysfunction
But one thing you have to bear in mind is that in some case there are no clear symptoms, therefore it advisable that you visit the doctor on frequent basis for medical check ups.
Causes of Fibroid
The cause of fibroid has not been ascertained up till date, but sometimes you can start wondering why you should have this type of infection. However, there are various factors behind it. Below are some of the possible causes of fibroid.
- Fibroid can be as a result of trait or heredity from your linage
- It can come as a result of its reaction with ovarian steroids hormones
- Unhygienic measures taken during menstruation.
Ways in which fibroids can be delayed
* By child delivery
* Avoid smoking
* Taking diets that are rich in raw vegetables and fruits
* Weight loss
* Avoid alcohol
* Limit the use of caffeine
* Avoid processed foods as they do contain strips of magnesium and zinc which increases the risk of fibroid
Natural Ways of Treating Fibroid
1. Eat diet with a Low Estrogen Content: These diets include fresh cruciferous vegetables, organic eggs, dairy products, high proteinous content, diets with low fat content, cold water deep sea fish(salmon, mackerel, tuna, sardine etc), Garlic and onions. Your diet should be that which balances the level of estrogen in the body.
2. Use of Some Naturally Produced Chinese Herbal Medicine: Various Chinese herbs such as Gui-Zhi-Fu-Ling-Wan generally known as cinnamon twig and poria pill, Rhizoma sparganii, Ligusticum wallichi, warrior grass can be used in shrinking off fibroid as they have no side effect. One of such formulation Chinese herbal product that shrinks fibroid naturally is contained in Norland Products for Fibroid
3. Exposing the ankle that is connected to the uterus to an electric acupuncture
4. Regular exercise stimulates the body and enables eliminates toxin materials in the body and dissolves congestion caused by excess kapha
5. Use of herbs to treat fibroids. The type of herbs that can be use to treat fibroids includes;
- Shigru Gugghlu-This herb is rich in iodine and it analgesic and has anti-inflammatory compounds
- Haridra Khanda- When this herb is combined with turmeric it removes toxic materials from the blood;
- Triphala –This is a combination of indian goose berry, bastard myrobalanand black or chebulic myrobalan,it kills tumor cells without any effect on health cells
- Bark of the Sacred Ashoka Tree-This reduces uterine bleeding associated with fibroids. it is also called saraca indica.
6. Continous practice of yoga can help the body adapt to fibroid growth by softening and opening up the abdominal area.
How to practice yoga
- Put your shoulder on a soft flat surface
- Pull your leg upward such that you support yourself with your shoulder
This method of yoga will help stretch the abdomen
Also make use of twist tone
Sit on the floor
Put your hand straight on the floor
Use you other hand to hold the elbow of the hand on the floor
Also the pose yoga
- Sit on the floor and straight your legs
- Use your hand to touch your toe
- Bend your body until your abdomen touches your laps and repeat the prices as much as you can.
7. Use of naturopathy to treat fibroid: This includes use of herbal formular like vitex berry which slows fibroid growth, black cohosh which normalizes hormones, stops bleeding and relieve pains, use of cinnamon oil to stop bleeding, combination of ginger, cinnamon, prickly ash bark, mullein and cleavers helps to improve blood circulation and enables the elimination of tumor in the body.
How to mix the above combination
Put 4 cups of water in a container
Add 2 tea spoons of vitex berries into the water
Put 1 teaspoon of black cohosh
Add ½ teaspoon of dandelion root
Put ¼ teaspoon of prickly ash bark
Add ¼ teaspoon of cramp bark
Direction for Use
Boil the above combination for 2 to 3 minutes
Remove from heat and cover it and allow the tea to steep and absorb the vital ingredient into the water
Strain and sieve the herbs then discard
Cool and take at least two cups of the tea daily
8. Make use of homeophatic medicines to treat fibroids. The type of homeophatic medicine that can be used to treat fibroids includes;
Aurum mur– This is usually prescribed when the uterus is painful and begins to swell;
Calcarea iod– Prescribed for low fibroid and yellowish discharge from the vagina;
Fraxinus-This is usually used when there is a watery brown discharge from the vagina and painful periods;
Lacbesis-Prescribed during painful menstrual flow;
Silicea-Used when there is bleeding between periods and during heavy flow upon mensis;
Tblaspi– This is prescribed when there is continuous bleeding.