Facts about Type 2 Diabetes
Diabetes is one of the chronic diseases which has existed for a very long time. Diabetes is commonly caused by too much sugar intake in the body and inability of the body to utilize glucose. Diabetes occurs in various types and at different stages. The Type 2 diabetes is known to be the most common type of diabetes people suffer from.
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic condition that affects the way blood sugar is being processed in the body.
During diabetes, the pancreas is unable to secret enough insulin which helps to convert glucose from our foods into energy to be used by the body.
However, in type 2 diabetes the pancreas is able to secret enough insulin at first into the cells but eventually can’t utilize it thereby making way for sugar to start building up in the blood. It is characterized by insulin resistance, high blood sugar and relative lack of insulin.
This means that there is enough insulin but the cells is not able to use it properly as it should. This condition is generally called insulin resistance.
How insulin works
Insulin is the hormones secreted from the pancreatic gland. It is being secreted into the blood stream and it circulates as the blood circulates enabling the entry of sugar into the cells thereby causing a reduction in the amount of sugar in the bloodstream.
Type 2 diabetes is also called adult onset or non-insulin dependent diabetes.
Statistics shows that in Nigeria alone more than 1,500,000 (one million, five hundred thousand) cases of type 2 diabetes are reported every year.
Causes of Type 2 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes is caused when the body becomes insulin resistant
- It can also be caused when the pancreas stops producing enough insulin
- Type 2 diabetes can be caused by genes or it is hereditary
- It can be caused by over weight
- Lack of physical activities
- Excess glucose from the liver
- Poor interaction between cells- when cells send wrong signals they tend to give a poor response to the use of insulin and glucose leading to a chain reaction.
- Broken beta cells- this makes the pancreas to secrete wrong amount of insulin at the wrong time making the blood sugar to be thrown off.
Factors That Increase the Risk of Type 2 Diabetes
- Gene: DNA also affects the rate at which the body makes and uses insulin thereby triggering the effect of type 2 diabetes in the body.
- Diets: Diets that contains high level of cholesterols can lead to increased blood sugar as well as obesity resulting in an increased risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Metabolic Syndrome: People with high blood pressure, high cholesterols and triglycerides have an increased risk of type 2 diabetes because when there is an insulin resistance, there is an increase in the glucose content in the blood, it will also begin to store fats around the waist.
- Over Weight: Being overweight increases the risk of type 2 diabetes. It occurs in almost every class of humans because of childhood obesity.
- Age: People over the age of 45 are at an increased risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Polycytic ovarian Syndrome: This is usually characterized by irregular periods, excess hair growth and obesity which triggers the risk of diabetes. It occurs in women.
- Gestational diabetes: If you give birth to a child the weighs up to 4kg you are at risk of type 2 diabetes.
Other factors includes:
Symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes
- Persistent hunger: When there is no sufficient insulin to move sugar from the blood which is converted into glucose and stores energy in the body, the muscles and organs becomes weak and deficient of energy leading to persistent hunger.
- Persistent thirst: Type 2 diabetes causes frequent urinating which results in increased thirst.
- Fatigue: When the cells are sugar deficient, it causes laziness, tiredness and irritability.
- Change in skin colour and itches: Patients that suffers from type 2 diabetes usually have dark patches on the skin and also the folds and creases of the body like the armpit, neck. Insulin resistant can result in a skin problem called Acanthosis Nigricans and can also lead to itches on the skin.
- Frequent urination: Excess sugar in the blood stream causes water to be pulled from the body causing frequent urinating.
- Loss of weight: When the body is unable to metabolize glucose, the remaining energy stored in muscles and fats are being used up by the body. As you urinate frequently, glucose which would have been useful by the body is being lost.
- Blurred vision: When the blood sugar is high, it pulls fluid in the eye result to an increase in pressure which usually results in glaucoma, cataract etc.
- Slow healing: Type 2 diabates reduces the clotting power of platelets leading to sore wounds and extensive healing periods.
Effects of Type 2 Diabetes
- It causes damages to the nerves called neuropathy
- It causes heart disease
- It leads to damage to the blood vessels such as the arteries and veins
- Type 2 diabetes causes damage to the kidney called nephropathy
- It leads to damage of the eye or vision loss
- It can cause skin disease
- It causes hearing impairment
- Alzheimer’s disease
- It causes damage to the foot- this happens whenever the nerves are being damaged.
Natural Ways of Preventing Type 2 Diabetes
- Use of ginsengs: Ginsengs possess some sugar lowering effects in blood sugar levels.
- Use of aleo vera: Aleo vera possesses some anti-diabetic properties in lowering sugar levels and helping more insulin secretion. Therefore, it is very effective in treating type 2 diabetes. Grind aleo vera or open it and remove the thick liquid then sieve it to remove the liquid and drink or add it in your diet.
- Cinnamon: Cinnanmon has been known to be one of the best natural remedy for treating various forms of diseases. It can as well be effective in treating type 2 diabetes. Cinnamon helps to increase insulin levels, antioxidant levels, reduce blood sugar, reduce blood fat levels, helps in food processing etc. Take the bark of cinnamon grind and put inside alcohol to ferment and take quarter glass. But first consult your physician before taking it.
- Bitter melon: Use of bitter melon seeds helps to reduce sugar levels in bloods. Blend or grind its pulp mixed with water and drink. This process offers 86% relieve to type 2 diabetes.
- Ginger: Ginger has been discovered to be an health loving spice. Using ginger as supplements in our meals or in our drinks helps to lower sugar levels and may also reduce insulin resistance that causes type 2 diabetes.
Other natural therapies for type 2 diabetes includes
Fenugreek, gymnema, milk thistle etc.
Always consults with your Doctor before taking medications
How to buy hypoglycemic capsule + Propolis Lecithin Capsules with 100% natural ingredients that can cure type 2 diabetes.
To 09079508492 or 08153700971
You can also email us on firstname.lastname@example.org