Stand up tanning bed is a well known option for anyone who desire a darker skin without laying in an enclosed, sweat-filled space. When using a regular tanning bed, dress appropriately and wear eye protection. Stand in the middle of the bed for a few minutes twice a week to get your tan.
Benefits of Stand Up Tanning Bed
1. Stand up tanning bed removes pressure points
2. Tanning booths stop problems with white sides and underarms.
3. You don’t need to keep turning from side to side during the tanning session.
4. It gives you quick results in less time because they have stronger bulbs than regular tanning beds.
5. The bulbs in the tanning beds have special reflectors that spread the rays evenly which results in a better and even tan.
6. It gives you a more even coverage because most parts of your body are exposed to the UV rays at the same time.
7. Since your skin isn’t touching the acrylic bed you don’t have to worry about getting an allergic reaction, and if you’re worried about hygienic issues, this is the best option.
8. If you fear to be in enclosed places, these type of bed provides you with a more natural environment with more room.
How to use a Stand Up Tanning Bed
Before using the stand up tanning bed, make sure you follow the steps below;
1. Wear Goggles
Just as wearing the sunglasses to protect your eyes from the glare of the sun is the same way you should protect your eyes from the UV rays when standing on the tanning booth.
2. Set the time
Your skin type will regulate the tanning sessions you will need to establish a base tan and the length of time you will need to spend in the tanning booth. There are six different skin types depending on your eye, skin, and hair color and also your skin’s capacity to tan. It is always advisable to set less time because these tanning beds emit stronger UV rays that tan your body faster and you don’t want to burn your skin by staying in for too long. You can gradually increase the time to allow your skin to adapt.
3. Stand in the center of the booth
This is most important if you want to achieve an even tan. Standing at the middle of the tanning booth with your legs slightly apart is the best position to give you a great tan.
4. Raise your arms high
If you desire a streak-free tan, there are some bars on the sides or ceiling of the tanning booth that you can hold to support your arms during your tanning session. This will help your underarms get tanned and since you’re more mobile inside the booth, you can keep changing your position for comfort. You can raise your arms up and down on intervals to give you a deep rich tan that has no streaks.
5. Pace your sessions
After the tanning session, give your skin time to recover and regenerate before going back for another tanning session. Hold back for at least 36-48 hours before exposing your skin to more UV light. You can do 3-5 tanning sessions to build up a base tan, then you can maintain it by getting a tan at least twice a week.
6. Dress appropriately
Some tanning salons provide privacy for their clients. But you need to wear as little clothes as possible when tanning to avoid getting ugly tan lines. The smaller the clothes the better it is. You can choose to wear your swimsuit or go tan nude, but make sure you cover your sensitive areas with a piece of cloth to avoid getting burnt.
After the tanning session;
- Delay taking a shower
- Stay hydrated
- Exfoliate once a week
- Schedule your next tanning session
Time Spend in the Stand Up Tanning Bed
The perfect period of time to spent in stand up tanning bed should be a maximum of 15 minutes only. Increase the time if your skin get use to the rays.
How to tan your Legs in the stand up tanning bed
- Let not your lotion or shaving products contain mineral or petrolatum oil
- Use a tingler
- Use a heavier DHA bronzer
- Upgrade to a High Level Bed
- Use a professional gradual tanning lotion daily