Joggers are basically the closest cousins to sweatpants, but these are more versatile and stylish compared to the regular sweatpants.
They are no longer reserved for the gym, work out sections, or the sofa. They have become a major outfit in most wardrobes today.
While they were built with a firm purpose in mind (workouts), and not originally as casual outfits, some trace this trending style of casual dressing to the 2012 London Olympics; which eventually made sports clothing a fashion in the city.
Rather than just a sports wears, they have been found to be a major classy wardrobe staple, considering the fact that they can can be worn with literally everything you have in your closet.
They should taper cleanly at the ankle and should have a close fit around your ankle. If the bottom doesn’t sit close to the skin and lower leg, they’re too big. They should taper at the ankle and end above your shoes rather than over them. Boys, girls, men and women can wear joggers.
What to Wear With Joggers
1. Cardigan: Cardigans come in a variety of lengths, colours and styles. They are one of the perfect and comfy layering piece that can step up your joggers. Aside from being functional, cardigans are a great stylish piece too.
2. T-shirts: Just make sure your T-shirts are well fitted and the bottom of your joggers are well tapered to your ankle. This will maintain a cool, and simple look. You just have to be a bit creative to match the right t-shirts with it.
3. Hoodie: Hoodies often prove to be just the perfect match for it, this is because joggers are surprisingly versatile and can easily be paired with a hoodie, which are cool for just any occasion
4. Polo Shirts: Joggers in a slightly heavier fabric like cotton, or polyester will be a great match with polo shirts. If your joggers are plain coloured, be sure to pair with a patterned polo shirt. These give your outfit just the right detail and vibe.
5. Leather Jacket: Leather jackets are a great match for any kind of outfit, whether casual or formal. A leather jacket can add some fun into your outfit.
How To Wear Joggers
- Go for multiple layering options to mix up your looks.
- When pairing it with a jacket, go for shorter styles
- When on plain, opt for patterned shirts or tops
- Make sure to have a good pair of stylish trainers as your go-to foot wear when you are wearing joggers.
While you are searching for a simple, casual and yet classy outfit, joggers outfit might just be the right option for you as this trendy wears can be paired with just any wardrobe piece and voila you’re set for just any occasion.